Tuesday, January 22, 2008

HU Strategy

By no means do I consider myself a professional grade player. I do however believe that I am above average. I also believe that because I tend to play lower limit SnG's ($25 or less), I feel that I have superior skills than most of my opponents. This really shows when I get to HU play. Most of the people playing these low limit SnG's are complete garbage at HU. Their strategy consists of pushing all in preflop early and often. Many times all I have to do is wait for a monster, slow play it, and let them push into me. Other times you will find a player extremely timid. Never raising preflop. If you believe that you are playing against the latter, I recommend that you test the waters. Raise preflop every hand until he plays back at you. If he folds four or five times in a row without realizing that you are bullying the shit out of him, then you are playing against a terrible HU player and you will win the match by continuing your aggression.

Please see the below screen cap where I was playing just such a player. I raised the standard amount every hand and he folded every time. He only won 4 hands the entire match. I kept thinking that he would have to play back at me but he never did.

No comments: